American Medical Association – Chicago, Illinois
Senior Communications Specialist (June 2017 – Present)
- Writing news articles about breaking news, physician burnout, public health, women in medicine.
- Researching a variety of health topics for news articles.
- Conducting interviews with medical professionals to highlight in stories.
- Editing news articles when the editor is out of office.
- Establishing a working relationship with different business units within the AMA.
- Attending and reporting on health conferences.
Freelance Writer – Chicago, Illinois
Self-employed Freelance & Published Writer – (July 2010 – Present)
- Optimizing content for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and lead generation.
- Creating unique, up-to-date content for web and print.
- Press releases for political campaigns and the medical field.
- Creating and designing brochures.
- Ghostwriting books for clients.
- Newsletter creation and distribution.
- Researching and writing topics for weekly blog posts.
- Developing a variety of marketing tools, including sales materials and case studies.
- Brainstorming and creating topic briefs and video scripts.
- Crafting content for company emails to members and non-members.
- Editing, updating and enhancing press releases and bylines.
- Maintaining an active social network on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Ideation and creation of infographics.
- Researching and executing advertising options, such as billboards and Google ads.
- Website planning, mapping and development.
- Generating media relations.
Empire Today – Northlake, Illinois
Content Marketing Associate/Social Media Manager (September 2014 – November 2015)
- Maintaining an active social network on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Content creation and updates for the Empire Today websites.
- Editing blog posts from freelance and guest writers.
- Brainstorming and creating blog posts for Empire’s website.
- Researching and writing buying guides for various carpet and flooring styles.
- Ideation and creation of new commercial concepts, social media posts and website.
- Optimizing content for SEO and lead generation.
- Exceptional ability to tell a story, think strategically and stay within brand tone and voice.
- Collaborating with creative team to create images for web and social media.
Officite, LLC – Downers Grove, Illinois
Copywriter/Editor/Content Manager (September 2010 – September 2014)
- Writing articles and press releases for over 650 medical clients.
- Scheduling articles and press releases for publication.
- Editing and proofing documents.
- Ensuring content meets SEO needs of health care clients.
- Managing Google Places and Local Maps.
- Developing keyword –rich content for clients.
- Researching information for writing articles and press releases.
- Managing social media channels.
- Creating headlines and subtitles for marketing and advertising.
- Writing press releases for company publications.
- Maintaining the blog management program.
- Managing, editing and reviewing in-house copywriter and team of 10 freelance writers.
American Red Cross – Peoria, Illinois
Communications Intern (July 2010 – August 2010)
- Researching and writing articles for volunteer newsletters.
- Editing and proofing documents.
- Organizing and designing newsletters.
Bradley University – Peoria, Illinois
Communications Intern for the English Department (January 2010 to May 2010)
- Implemented the design and outlook of an alumni survey.
- Gathered, analyzed and presented data.
- Investigated and brainstormed ideas for potential communication.
- Searched and obtained information on alumni five and 10 years out.
- Presented gathered information to English faculty.
M.S. Health Communication, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (July 2021)
- I am currently working toward my M.S. degree.
- CPA 4.0 on a 4.0 scale
B.A. English, Bradley University in Peoria, IL (May 2010)
- Sigma Tau Delta – National English Honor Society
- Dean’s List for Academic excellence
- GPA 3.66 on a 4.0 scale
A.A. Art, College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn, IL (June 2006)
- Academic Honors
- GPA 3.2 on a 4.0 scale