American Medical Association (AMA) – Chicago, Illinois
Senior communications specialist – (June 2017 – Present)
- Senior news writer reporting on physician burnout, cardiovascular health, diabetes prevention, health IT, public health and women in medicine.
- Three separate cover stories for the AMA Moving Medicine magazine, covering obesity, restoring trust in vaccines and physician burnout.
- Launched the AMA What doctors wish patients knewä series (www.ama-assn.org/series/what-doctors-wish-patients-knew) Aug. 2020 to focus on COVID-19.
- Managing and writing for the What doctors wish patients knew series to cover topics beyond COVID-19 such as physician burnout, sleep apnea, migraines, monkeypox, etc.
- Consistently write top trending stories for the AMA.
- Assigning and editing news articles for freelance writers.
- Using Asana for task management and editorial calendar upkeep.
- Researching various health topics for AMA news stories.
- Pitching ideas for AMA news articles to maintain an up-to-date editorial calendar.
- Conducting interviews with physicians and other health professionals for news articles.
- Establishing a working relationship with different business units within the AMA.
- Attending and reporting on health conferences.
Mayoor Patel, DDS (Craniofacial Pain & Dental Sleep Center of Georgia) – Chicago, Illinois
Freelance writer and editor – (September 2013 – Present)
- Content creation and development for three websites.
- Social media management across all channels.
- Ghost writing of books within dental sleep medicine and craniofacial pain topics.
- Implementation of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services to boost web presence.
- Research and writing of articles, blog posts, press releases and other content pieces.
- Creation of scripts for video narration.
- Development and distribution of a monthly newsletter to other dentists.
- Editing, updating and enhancing documents.
- Writing for journals, magazines and web publications.
- Use of HTML5 and CSS3 in the development of email and web materials.
- Implemented effective writing strategies across all platforms.
Self-employed copywriter and editor – Chicago, Illinois
Freelance writer and editor – (May 2010 – Present)
- SEO-focused writing.
- Writing articles, blogs and press releases for clients to boost SEO and engagement.
- Press releases for political campaigns and the medical field.
- Creating and designing brochures.
- Ghost writing books for clients.
- Newsletter creation and distribution.
- Researching and writing topics for weekly blog posts.
- Developing a variety of marketing tools, including sales materials and case studies.
- Creating unique, up-to-date website content.
- Developing topic briefs and videos.
- Remaining up-to-date on important eCommerce and retail industry topics.
- Crafting content for company emails to members and non-members.
- Editing, updating and enhancing press releases and bylines
- Maintaining an active social network through social media management.
- Ideation and creation of infographics.
- Researching and executing advertising options.
- Website planning, mapping and development.
Empire Today – Northlake, Illinois
Content marketing associate and social media manager (September 2014 – November 2015)
- Maintaining an active social network.
- Content creation and updates for the Empire Today websites.
- Editing blog posts from freelance and guest writers.
- Brainstorming and creating blog posts for Empire’s website.
- Researching and writing buying guides for various carpet and flooring styles.
- Image ideation for social media posts and website.
- Creation of new commercial concepts for Empire.
- Optimizing content for SEO and lead generation.
- Exceptional ability to tell a story, think strategically and stay within brand tone and voice.
- Collaborate with Creative team to create images for web and social media.
- Thorough understanding of the digital media space, social media and e-mail marketing.
- Working with content to increase engagement and interaction.
Officite, LLC – Downers Grove, Illinois
Copywriter, editor and content manager (September 2010 – September 2014)
- Writing articles and press releases for over 650 medical clients.
- Article and press release syndication.
- Editing and proofing documents.
- SEO-focused content development.
- Researching information for writing articles and press releases.
- Social media management
- Creating headlines and subtitles for marketing and advertising
- Writing press releases for company publications
- Managing in-house copywriter and blog management program.
- Leading outsourced team of 10 freelance writers.
M.S. Health communication, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (July 2021)
Lammers Scholars Honor Society
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
4.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
B.A. English, Bradley University in Peoria, IL (May 2010)
Sigma Tau Delta – National English Honor Society
Dean’s List for Academic excellence
3.66 GPA on a 4.0 scale
A.A. Art, College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn, IL (June 2006)
3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale